Give your interiors a makeover with a fresh coat of paint. When it comes to home painting, you can genuinely say that beauty is skin deep. How the paint is applied makes a difference to the visual appeal. If you are tempted to do it on your own or call a handyman, read to know what is involved. You will then agree that it is a job best left to experts.
You can get a bucket of paint and a brush and get cracking. However, painting the interiors to look good is no child’s play. A lot goes into it, as you will find. The first this that is required for a paint job to look professional and stay put is the prep that goes into it before a drop of paint goes onto the wall. You may not even be aware of it, but professionals in-home painting that you find here will first take care of these points:
- They will check the walls and ceilings for the presence of moisture, indicated by patches and paint peeling off, possibly due to efflorescence. After fixing this, and then the ingress of dampness has to be checked before they proceed with the paint job
- Sanding and cleaning normal paint area to remove cracked and flaking paint
- Wiping with a damp cloth to remove dust
- A putty application where required
- Primer coat
That is quite a lot of work. If you thought you could handle the entire paint job during the weekend, you have to think again. There is more to painting as expert home painters can tell you. Smart people know when to do a thing and when to get it done by an expert you will find listed here.
There is more to prep
- There is still more work to be done before you open the paint can and start mixing colors. Take a look around the room. You will need to cover your furniture, the floor, cupboards, the TV, window frames and panes. Do not overlook the small things like latches and doorknobs
- Electrical connections have to be covered and covers on switches and outlets removed
- You will have to use painter’s tape to cover up areas that need protection
It sounds like a lot of work. It is, therefore, best to leave the home painting to experts whom you can find with ease here on this site.
Priming it Correctly
- The right way to paint is to first apply a primer coat depending on the type of wall you have and the paint you wish to use. Paint can be water-based, solvent-based, or oil paint, and the primer should match
- Wait a minute, did you remember to apply putty? This is an extra step, especially if the surface needs painting for the first time, and is uneven. The putty goes on with the help of a putty knife. You let it dry and then sandpaper it
By now, you know that painting is not such a simple job as you thought it would be. Call home painting experts listed here to get a professional job done to your interiors.
Painting may appear to be the most straightforward part. You mix paint, dip a roller in it and then run it across the wall. It is not that simple.
- The first step is to combine all the paint in one container and mix it. This step is particularly crucial if you wish to maintain consistency of color tone across all the walls
- The next step looks easy. You dip the roller and get started. However, you must know to choose the right roller to reach all the corners and create a smooth finish instead of a texture
- It has to be done systematically. The usual way is from top to bottom
- Before that, you must paint the trim and then the ceiling
- Expert painters will complete a section and move on to the next when they are satisfied. Try repainting over a dried area, and you will get patches
- Then there are little things like ensuring the right consistency of the paint. Too thick and it will likely crack in the future. Too thin, and you do not get a proper finish
Thus it is best to leave the painting to experts. Right from the pre-prep to each stage of the painting, experts know which paint to use. May it is for the surface or interiors professional painters seem to know the right way to do it and give an exquisite look to your interiors. Find professional home painters here, check their credentials and employ one nearest to where you live. Paint jobs can last anywhere from 3 to 5 days if you want it done right. We list hundreds of experts, each one vetted and chosen for professional expertise in home painting.