Effective Date: June 24, 2021
Please note that the use of the Talk To Bruno Platform establishes your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree with how we have determined to handle your information, please do not visit or use the Talk To Bruno Platform.
1. Effective Date and Changes
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on or after the Effective Date. Talk To Bruno will often review and revise this Policy as Talk To Bruno updates the Platform and will update the Effective Date above upon any changes. We will treat your continued use of the Talk To Bruno Platform following such changes as your acceptance of them. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy.
If our practices change in regards to previously obtained Personal Information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than those policies in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make decent efforts to make notice available and to obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law, but we will not be liable for any failure to do so.
2. Personal Information Collected on the Talk To Bruno Platform
Because we respect your rights to your own privacy, we are committed to our policies established for the collection and/or use of your “Personal Information,” which is hereby defined as “full name, member name, postal address, phone number, email address, and any information that could be used to identify, contact, or locate you directly without using the Talk To Bruno Platform.”
By using the Talk To Bruno Platform, you are authorizing us to collect, analyze, and retain data related to the provision of the Talk To Bruno Platform. However, we also provide Members (customers) and Partners (service partners) with choices in regards to how we use and disclose some or all of your Personal Information, as set forth specifically below, including how to access, correct, and/or remove it. You may avoid further said data collection by uninstalling the App from your mobile device and not otherwise using the Talk To Bruno Platform.
When you visit or use the Talk To Bruno Platform, we collect information about you in the following general categories.
- Location Information: We collect location data through the App when it is used by Partners if the Partners' devices permit such information collection. We may collect this information when Partners use certain functionality, such as navigating to a location to provide the Services, and we may also collect the precise location of a Partner’s device when the App is running in the background. We may derive a Partner’s approximate location from the Partner’s IP address. The Talk To Bruno Platform utilizes geo-location features to match Members to Partners, to update Members on the status of Partners in route to perform services, to confirm that a Partner performed services, and to improve the performance on the Talk To Bruno Platform.
We also may use and disclose geo-location we collect through the Talk To Bruno Platform for other business purposes, including for legal purposes (such as to enforce our agreements) and in the event of a proposed or actual merger, sale, or other business asset transfers. The geo-location information obtained about a member will be retained in an identifiable manner, along with geo-location data about job sites where Partners performed Services on initial and/or follow-up jobs.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of the Talk To Bruno Platform, such as type of service requested, date and time of service, amount charged, distance traveled, intra-member communications, ratings and reviews, and other related transaction details.
- Partner Registration and Payment: To register as a Partner, you may need to provide other Personal Information, including your social security number, bank account and a U.S. government-issued I.D. to Talk To Bruno and or our third- party service partners, and in some jurisdictions, we may collect additional business or contractor licenses. Certain information is handled by our third-party service partners who help us by running background checks on Partners to help protect the Talk To Bruno community. We may use report information we receive from background check on Partners for the purposes of assessing whether to allow an individual to use the Talk To Bruno Platform as a Partner and to comply with applicable law. To make sure Partners get paid, we enrolled with Stripe, all your financial related data is stored with Stripe. Members and Partners can find information about Stripe's privacy practice at https://stripe.com/us/privacy
- Talk To Bruno Payment Method: When you add a credit card on Talk To Bruno account, Stripe, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers. Members and Partners can find information about Stripe's privacy practice at https://stripe.com/us/privacy
- Customer Support: We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information that is generated automatically about how you and visitors interact with the Talk To Bruno Platform, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. When we associate such information with specific personal information, we will treat the combination as Personal Information, as set forth herein.
- Communications between members: As an enhanced privacy feature, we use a third-party service called Sinch to mask the telephone numbers used during calls between members (See additional information on Sinch and Twilio below). We do not reveal telephone numbers submitted on file, although we store any call data, including date, time, and content. For text messages we use Twilio.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Talk To Bruno Platform, we collect server logs, which may include device IP addresses, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, browser type, and the third-party site/service accessed immediately prior to interacting with the Talk To Bruno Platform.
- Third-Party Site Account Access: If you log in to the Talk To Bruno Platform through a social networking site, such as Google or Facebook, we may collect your authentication token, registration information, and account identification number and use that information to provide you with access to your account on the Talk To Bruno Platform.
3. Use of Information
We only use your Personal Information for Talk To Bruno-Platform related purposes. (This includes the information collected by our third-party service partners, set forth herein).
Specifically, the purposes of our “use” include platform-analytics, marketing, advertising, and other purposes designed to help us operate efficiently and improve the Talk To Bruno Platform in the following manner:
- to contact you in connection with your Talk To Bruno-related activities (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, account verification text messages, push notification alerts, or important alerts that could affect your relationship and performance with Talk To Bruno),
- for identification and authentication,
- for security and fraud prevention,
- to perform background checks,
- to investigate potential unauthorized use of your information
- to communicate Service requests from you to other members
- to suggest potential Customers for your Services.
- to advertise, promote and market Talk To Bruno services and products.
- to continuously evaluate and improve the online and mobile member experience.
4. Advertising and Advertising Opt-Out Provisions
We may use your Personal Information to provide advertising on/for the Talk To Bruno Platform. At Talk To Bruno, however, we do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other parties or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may also send you email and other messages with personalized offers and information about products and services, and we may use Personal Information to show you online advertising on the Talk To Bruno Platform, other websites, and other online services.
Talk To Bruno provides members the opportunity to opt out of receiving email marketing communications from us and our partners and gives members the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future email marketing communications, or to no longer receive our service. If you receive an unsolicited marketing email from a Talk To Bruno email address, please contact Privacy@TalktoBruno.com.
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Browser Opt-Out: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)
We also may use Twitter Ads products for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to members’ interests. You can opt out of interest-based advertising on Twitter by adjusting your personalized ad settings for your Twitter account, or using the DAA’s opt out tool above. You can learn more about Twitter Ads programs at: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405.
You may also be able to change your mobile device settings to opt out of personalized advertising through apps. For example, for iOS mobile devices, go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; scroll down to “Privacy”; select “Advertising”; and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.” Also, for location-based ads, you may go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; select “Privacy”; select “Location Services”; select “System Services”; and de-select “Location-Based Apple Ads.” For Android mobile devices, go to “Google Settings” on your device; select “Ads”; and check the box labeled “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads.”
Please note that when you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Talk To Bruno Platform and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Talk To Bruno Platform and use it for any authorized purpose.
5. Use of Your Profile Pictures and Other Job-related Pictures
“Pictures” is defined as any photo(s), image(s), or graphic(s) that we obtain from members through the Talk To Bruno Platform, including those uploaded by you or other members, such as profile pictures and jobs-related pictures.
Unless we expressly obtain your individual permission, Talk To Bruno will only use your Pictures specifically for Talk To Bruno-platform related purposes, such as showing job-related pictures as well as marketing, advertising, and other related purposes. Talk To Bruno will not share your Pictures with other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
6. Disclosure of Information to Others
When you use the Talk To Bruno Platform, our third-party partners, such as analytics services, may use tracking technologies to collect information about how the Talk To Bruno Platform is used and about the devices used to access the Talk To Bruno Platform. Our third-party partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When our third-party partners provide such features, they are governed by the privacy policies of their governing organizations. You may be able to change browser or app settings to block and delete these technologies when you access the Talk To Bruno Platform, but that might interfere with the Talk To Bruno Platform’s proper functioning.
To operate the Talk To Bruno Platform, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Talk To Bruno Platform, we may share your Personal Information with vendors, agents, and third-party service Partners in exchange for their support services like email origination, receipt/support services, and other member relationship management services.
As set forth herein, we do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the Talk To Bruno Platform to enable the delivery of our online advertising on the Talk To Bruno Platform and on other websites and online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. The following are examples of how we share your information with third-party service Partners.
- Data Analytics: We may retain third-party service Partners to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Talk To Bruno Platform. For example, we may use Google Analytics Service for purposes of analyzing usage of the Talk To Bruno Platform. You can find information about Google's privacy practice at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Payment Processing: We use Stripe to process any billing information between members and between members and us, including credit card information members submit. You can find information about Stripe's privacy practice at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- Background Checks Service Partners: We expect to use Checkr for purposes of performing background checks on Partners that register to perform Services for Customers on the Talk To Bruno Platform. The information you provide to Checkr is transmitted using SSL encryption, which is a primary tool in protecting sensitive operations with web servers during data transport of information that allows for a secure connection between the two parties. You can find information about Checkr's privacy practice at: https://checkr.com/privacy-policy/.
- Platform Features: We use Twilio for registration of new members to make sure your contact information is accurate and that every new member account in our system is an actual person. We also use Sinch to mask your telephone number when you call another member using the telephone number through Talk To Bruno App. You can find information about Twilio's and Sinch privacy practice at :
- Other members: When you agree to provide Services as a Partner, we will display certain information about you to the Member who requested the work, including your name, how much you charge, pictures, geo-location, and rating. If a Member request you as a Partner to provide the services, we will display certain information about you to Members, including your name, location, bio, picture (if any) and rating.
- Social Networking and Other Websites: The Talk To Bruno Platform may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook, Google, etc. Except for our marketing and advertising purposes, we do not share your Personal Information with them unless you specifically authorize it. If you choose to log in to the Talk To Bruno Platform through social networking websites, we may share information about your account with the social networking site. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
- Legal and Similar Disclosures: We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate in the following situations: to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; to respond to your requests; or to protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose your Personal Information as part of a dispute among members or between members and Talk To Bruno as well as to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of Talk To Bruno assets, or transition of service to another Partner, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- With Your Permission: We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission as set forth herein.
- Research and Development: We may use the information we collect for testing, analysis and product development. This allows us to enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
7. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your Personal Information is authorized to use your Personal Information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your Personal Information by them.
8. How to Edit Your Personal Information
Talk To Bruno provides you with the ability to access and edit your Personal Information: Sign into the app, access the menu, and then view and update/correct your account information. Please contact us at Support@TalktoBruno.com to change information you cannot access through your account.
9. Information Retention
To preserve the integrity of our databases, standard procedure calls for us to retain information submitted by Members and Partners for an indefinite length of time. You agree that we may store the information we collect for this indefinite length of time.
10. Children's Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13, as the Talk To Bruno Platform is not directed at members under 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Talk To Bruno Platform and provided personal identifiable information to us through the Talk To Bruno Platform, please contact us at Privacy@TalktoBruno.com or at our mailing address so we can delete that account and/or any Personal Information collected from them on the Talk To Bruno Platform.
11. Our Security Precautions
Your Talk To Bruno profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Talk To Bruno employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Talk To Bruno team will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer or mobile device, in order to protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties, you should sign out of your Talk To Bruno account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. Talk To Bruno has security measures in place intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
International. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside; and the privacy laws governing the country/jurisdiction of these computer networks may be less protective.
Talk To Bruno takes steps to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Talk To Bruno cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. TALK TO BRUNO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE SHOULD ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OBTAIN THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO THE TALK TO BRUNO PLATFORM.
12. Links to Third-Party Websites and Online Services
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Talk To Bruno Platform. The Talk To Bruno Platform may contain links to other websites or online services; and we are not responsible for other websites’ privacy practices. We advise Members upon leaving the Talk To Bruno Platform to carefully review the privacy statements of any website that collects personally identifiable information.
Note that, as set forth herein, we do not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
13. Users can request their account deletion by visiting their profile and clicking or tapping on "Delete Account". If any assistance is needed on Deleting your Account, just contact us and we will gladly assist.Request your account deletion here Support@Talktobruno.com
11. Our Security Precautions
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of Talk To Bruno, or your relationship with Talk To Bruno, you can contact us by email at Policy@Talktobruno.com or by mail at Talk To Bruno, Inc., 5680 king Centre Dr,Suite 600, Alexandria VA -22315.
Are You a Service Provider? Become a Partner